Concurrent Programming - Spring 2018
- The book: Java Concurrency In Practice. Brian Goetz et al. Addison-Wesley 2007.
- The code developed during the lectures: https://github.com/fmontesi/cp2018
- Java - Generics, Inner classes, Lambda expressions
The main exercises are given in the course code repository, https://github.com/fmontesi/cp2018, in the folder exercises. Each week has its own subdirectory.
If you would like to receive updates on when exercises become available, you can watch the repository on GitHub: open the link and click "Watch" on the top-right. (You need to create a GitHub account to do that, if you do not have one already.)
Some exercises are given at the end of the slides. More exercises are developed during the exercise classes, by reworking the examples in the book. Below you can find the reading assignments for each exercise class (see the Introduction slides if you do not understand this point).
- Week 7: Read the Java Generics Tutorial, from Introduction to Generic Methods. Read the Java Anonymous Classes documentation. Read the Java Lambda Expressions documentation, including Method References. Do the exercises (marked Opt) given at the end of the slides 2.pdf.
- Week 8: Read chapters 2, 3, and 4.
- Week 9: Read chapter 5.
- Week 10: Read chapter 6.
- Week 11: Read chapters 7 and 8.
- Week 12: Chapter 11.